Springfield Employment Law Attorney
Illinois Workplace Discrimination Lawyer
If you have suffered discrimination in the workplace or have not been compensated for the hours you worked, you may feel as if no one can help you. But be assured: legal help is available. You have rights as an employee, and I can protect them.
The law office of James A. Devine, Attorney at Law, provides experienced representation for employment, discrimination and civil rights cases. I represent public and private sector employees from numerous professions, including all health care professionals: doctors, dentists, pharmacists, nurses and hospital administrators.
My practice covers the following areas of law:
- Employment law — I represent public and private sector employees who have suffered discrimination, wrongful termination and wage violations.
- Discrimination and harassment — Employers are not allowed to discriminate against employees because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability or participation in workers’ compensation and whistleblowing or for making workplace complaints.
- Wrongful discharge and retaliation — If you were fired due to discrimination or retaliation for reporting your employer for violations, we can fight for your job.
- Whistleblower/qui tam and false claims — Federal law protects employees who report unsafe conditions, discrimination and false billing claims.
- Unpaid compensation — Including unpaid overtime and unemployment compensation as well as additional wage and hour violations.
- Professional and executive counseling — Including employment contracts, noncompete agreements, severance agreements, and incentive bonus or sign-on pay.
To make an appointment to discuss your legal needs, please call 217-280-4094.