Fighting For Employees’ Rights In Springfield And Beyond


Free Initial Consultation

Springfield Whistleblower Lawyer

Illinois Qui Tam Attorney

Whistleblowing can include exposing employer wrongdoing or a false claim made by another party. State and federal laws protect employees and others who participate in whistleblowing. You may still need a lawyer to ensure your rights are not violated, however.

At the law office of James A. Devine, Attorney at Law, I represent employees and other parties that engage in whistleblowing and exposing false claims. If you are concerned about employer retaliation or losing your right to file a false claim, speak with an attorney today. To make an appointment with a Springfield whistleblower attorney, please call 217-280-4094. Your initial consultation is free.

Whistleblowers And False Claims

Employees are protected by the Whistleblower Protection Act for reporting many types of employer wrongdoing, including:

  • Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) violations
  • Clean Air Act violations
  • Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations violations
  • Medicare or Medicaid fraud
  • Discriminatory actions against employees or applicants
  • Over billing the government

If you acted as a whistleblower and have suffered retaliation such as disciplinary actions or wrongful discharge, I can protect your rights.

The False Claims Act allows individuals to file lawsuits against parties that are defrauding the government by submitting false claims in areas such as health care or defense contracts. If you expose a claim that is knowingly false, you are entitled to receive up to 30 percent of the claim’s worth. You must be the first to file the claim to receive the reward, so you want to take action immediately.

It is important that you provide specific billing examples in addition to the general scheme of fraudulent conduct. For the lawsuit to move forward, we must be able to present real evidence.

For a free initial consultation, please call my Springfield office at 217-280-4094 or contact me online.